Later today, the Hollywood Walk of Fame will be hosting a live stream event where viewers from around the world can watch the induction and honoring of legendary horror director George A. Romero (Night of the Living Dead, Creepshow). The event will start at 11:30am PST / 2:30pm EST, and we’ve embedded the video below so all you have to do is click ‘Play’ and you’ll be a part of the event. Romero passed away in July of this year at the age of 77. We collected tributes from dozens of people in the industry, all of whom shared their thoughts, memories, and stories about George with us. You can read them here. There are multiple events honoring George today in the Los Angeles area. Details for each can be found right here
20TH CENTURY FOX SETS RELEASE DATES FOR FOUR ‘AVATAR’ SEQUELS BETWEEN 2020 & 2025
Work on the next four Avatar films is under way, director James Cameron has said. The original 2009 3D blockbuster won three Oscars for its stunning visual effects, cinematography and art direction. In a Facebook post Cameron wrote: "Great to be working with the best team in the business!"Avatar takes flight as we begin concurrent production on four sequels.
Here are all four official release dates;
Avatar 2: December 18, 2020 Avatar 3: December 17, 2021 Avatar 4: December 20, 2024 Avatar 5: December 19, 2025
Sylvester Stallone has confirmed reports from the end of last year that The Expendables 4 is on the way. In a video he uploaded to his Facebook feed over the festive period, Stallone said that he was working on the next Expendables, and “that was going to be great, fingers crossed”.
He added that “we’re going to do our best. I think we’ve got some really great actors going, we’ve got great ideas, everyone’s expecting something different and we’re going to give it to ‘em”. The Expendables 4 is set to shoot later this year, ahead of a release in 2018. Thus far, there’s been no formal announcement as to which actors are returning (The Statham is surely a shoo-in), and who’s going to direct the movie (each of The Expendables films has had a different helmer so far). It’s expected that Stallone will be penning the screenplay, though.
Full Speed Ahead With "Expendables 4," Says... 03/01/17
Sylvester Stallone confirms that 'Expendables 4' is... 02/01/17
Sylvester Stallone Won't Put Manny Pacquiao In... 13/05/15
Sylvester Stallone Isn't Involved With Female... 15/07/16
Sylvester Stallone's daughterst not be allowed dates... 13/12/16
Last month it was announced that Gerard Butler will be reprising the role of Secret Service agent Mike Banning for Angel Has Fallen, but he won’t be joined by Aaron Eckhart’s President Benjamin Asher in the new sequel to Olympus Has Fallen and London Has Fallen. “The President is retired,” said Eckhart “He’s golfing and he’s amassing his library right now, so… [salutes].”
The plot for Angel Has Fallen will see Butler’s Banning protecting Air Force One, so – as in real life – presumably we’ll be seeing a new President of the United States when production gets underway in early 2017. Expect some casting news soon.
Are you excited for another _________ Has Fallen movie? Let us know in the comments below.
Butler will be back to star as Secret Service agent Mike Banning, who has spent his career keeping American presidents safe. This time, he’s the target. If his attackers can take down half of Washington, D.C. with it, all the better. Among those at risk is the President, whose official plane Air Force One is code-named Angel.
Millennium Films will be launching the title to distributors at the American Film Market in Santa Monica next week, and it’s sure to be one of the hottest titles up for grabs given the box office success of the first two installments: Olympus Has Fallen took $161M at the worldwide box office i 2013 while London Has Fallen generated a whopping $205M worldwide this year. Millennium is targeting a production start in the first half of 2017.
It doesn't look like the old team are getting back together for Indy 5! Screenwriter and regular Steven Spielberg collaborator is penning the script for the fifth instalment, and in a recent interview with Collider, he was asked whether George Lucas would be having any input, he said “He’s not, to my knowledge. I’ve had no contact with him”.
Lucas will retain an executive producer credit on Indiana Jones 5, but the signs thus far are that’s the extent of his involvement.
A newly restored version of George A. Romero’s Dawn Of The Dead is to receive its world premiere at Venice Film Festival (Aug 31-Sept 10), reports ScreenDaily.
The European cut of the 1978 zombie classsic will be presented in high definition 4K at midnight screen on Sept 2, introduced by Dario Argento (who was the film’s producer) and Nicolas Winding Refn. The 115-minute version was edited and curated by Argento for the European market with music by Goblin.
The film, which will play in Venice Classics, was restored by Koch Media in collaboration with Norton Trust and Antonello Cuomo. Dawn of the Dead is the second chapter in the four-part series created by Romero in 1968 with Night of the Living Dead, later followed by Day of the Dead and Land of the Dead. Romero would eventually continue the franchise. Italian filmmaker Argento, also known for directing horror features such as Suspiria (1977), recalled working on the zombie classic titled Zombi in Italy.
“I am particularly pleased that Zombi is being re-released after so many years,” Argento told the site.
“Titanus, the distributor at the time, considered it a very strange film with too much action: the music was too extreme, they thought it would not be well received and I was a little scared myself by this terrible prophecy.
“I didn’t know what to do so I said: ‘Ok, let’s screen the world premiere in Turin, a city I love because that is where I filmed Deep Red; if it doesn’t do well there, we can do away with it.’
“It was a Friday afternoon and I was rather terrified as I went to the theatre; but I remember seeing a lot of people as I walked over from the hotel and thought: so it can’t be going that bad!.. and in fact when I got there it was packed; I went in and thanked everyone for coming.
“The film was being shown after a lengthy series of mishaps in Italy: the censors made me cut out a lot of scenes, and as a result I withdrew it.
“They were asking me to cut far too much; I remember even thinking that the editing would no longer be comprehensible, so I made a series of small cuts, fixed it up a little, and was able to swing an emergency procedure (usually the censors take up to six months to review a film again).
“When the film was finally released it was forbidden to minors under the age of 18 which, in my mind, was fairly serious, because we had conceived it for an audience of young people… “I have great memories of Zombi because it was so important for my career and for George’s as well.”
Warner Bros has confirmed an October 2016 start date in New York forOcean’s Eight, the female-driven caper spinoff directed by Gary Ross, and the studio is closing with its principal cast. Aside from the previously identified Sandra Bullock and Cate Blanchett, deals are close with Anne Hathaway, Rihanna, Helena Bonham Carter, Mindy Kaling and Awkwafina. The latter is the hip-hop moniker of Asian-American rapper and actress Nora Lum, who most recently had a role in Neighbors 2.
The film will be produced by Ocean’s Eleven director Steven Soderbergh, and Ross wrote the script with Olivia Milch. Ross and Soderbergh are longtime informal collaborators, serving as second unit director on each other’s films and as sounding board on scripts and projects.
Though Kevin (James McAvoy) has evidenced 23 personalities to his trusted psychiatrist, Dr. Fletcher (Betty Buckley), there remains one still submerged who is set to materialize and dominate all the others. Compelled to abduct three teenage girls led by the willful, observant Casey (Anya Taylor-Joy), Kevin reaches a war for survival among all of those contained within him—as well as everyone around him—as the walls between his compartments shatter apart.